David Hammons is an American artist born on July 24, 1943, in Springfield, Illinois, United States. African-American Flag is one of the artist’s best-known works, created in 1990.
The flag delivers a sense of pride and confirms the presence of African-Americans in the United States and that being black and American are one and the same thing.
The colors of the flag; red, black, and green hold significant meanings. They represent blood, skin tone and the life that the ancestors of Black people forced into slavery were made to leave behind. The flag is a strong political statement for the black community.
Hammons was inspired by two contrasting symbols: the U.S flag and the Pan-African flag adopted by the group Universal Negro Improvement Association6 (UNIA) by Marcus Garvey and African Communities League in 1920.
This medium size backpack is just what you need for daily use or sports activities! The pockets (including one for your laptop) give plenty of room for all your necessities, while the water-resistant material will protect them from the weather.
• Made from 100% polyester
• Dimensions: H 16⅞" (42cm), W 12¼" (31cm), D 3⅞" (10cm)
• Maximum weight limit: 44lbs (20kg)
• Water-resistant material
• Large inside pocket with a separate compartment for a 15” laptop, front pocket with a zipper, and a hidden pocket with zipper on the back of the bag
• Top zipper has 2 sliders with zipper pullers
• Silky lining, piped inside hems, and a soft mesh back
• Padded ergonomic bag straps from polyester with plastic strap regulators